6 tips for an invincible web presence
In the heavy traffic of the virtual world (that only promises to get busier), what can businesses do to make a competitive dent and how do we make our mark?
Here are six vital principles to incorporate into your web activity so that you don’t disappear into the ether of online activity…
- Great design: The first step to having a successful online site is having a good design! It doesn’t matter how fabulous you think your product or services are: If your website looks bad and is difficult to use, then people won’t bother or begin to start reading. Your content will be utterly wasted. For example: which company would you rather put your trust in? This one? Or this one?
- SEO essentials: Get versed in at least some basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You could have the most beautifully designed site and amazing content: but without SEO, you won’t be found. MAXX runs a professional SEO service, but to get you started, try to drop in relevant keyword phrases at every opportunity and make your titles and sub titles keyword rich.
- Social Media strategy: Social Media is a huge opportunity and it is now used as a key method of business communication, it’s a way to do business that you maybe missing out on. Twitter and Facebook can generate a huge amount of traffic to your website and can be an excellent partner with SEO.
- Wording: Your wording and phrasing is key to being an ideal ‘hang-out’, whether you’re an online shop, blogger or business page, you’ve got to be able to do the kind of talking which makes people want to stop and listen. This means not writing like every other business out there – it means writing as a person or entity with your OWN voice. If you’d like some more info on how to create good business writing please click here.
- Spread the word: Talking is one of the best things you can do to gain a reputation for your business. Whether it be word of mouth or online, talking openly about your business shows people your unwavering confidence in your capabilities as a company, as well as bringing more hits to your website. The trick is to be honest and reveal your business personality.
- Print mail: Traditional direct mail is far from being dead. An email might last ten seconds in a client’s inbox. A printed mailer could last at least a week lingering on someone’s desk. Print sets you apart from the competition. Show-off, take people by surprise and put QR codes or Blippar links on your mailers. This can direct traffic back to your website.
A successful web presence is vital to prove your businesses worth and to allow you to be found.
Remember that MAXX can help with all of these features, and if you need help don’t hesitate to contact us (meetings come with a helping of divine biscuits).
Asides from hints and tips – have you clicked the Easter egg yet and collected your letter? Keep it safe for your chance to win a magnificent Hotel Chocolat Easter egg, a design of a new Facebook cover, and a Social Media review! Find out more about the ongoing Easter competition here and terms and conditions here. And don’t forget to visit again tomorrow for the next letter!