Exceptional blogging: 5 bite-size tips
Are you following these easy steps to brilliant blogging? Read 5 quick ways to generate traffic, and be a master of the craft before you’ve even finished your lunch…
1. Enthralling Title
Something eye-catching, compelling, engaging: your blog posts need to be different. The title needs to shine through the murky sea of Google results and suggest it can do one better than the others.
- ‘How-to’ titles are some of the most popular, as the viewer instantly recognises that they can gain something from reading. Giving free knowledge is an appealing company trait as it can make a business appear knowledgeable and professional.
- Lists suggest content is manageable and to the point, and will often be picked over wordier articles.
- Titles that are funny and amusing, or make use of ellipsis are fantastic for social media sites. Let your humour add some spark! It generates traffic in one sentence and stands out so your tweet doesn’t get lost in the newsfeed.
2.Research on forums
Not only do you have to provide people with interesting blog content, it also has to be on topic. People have to want the information you are giving away.
- Try looking at related forums and chat boards. Notice what questions seem to be popular – see what everyone is talking about and once you’ve had a look around your blog ideas should write themselves!
3.Create regular content
Creating regular content for your viewers makes it more likely that they will stumble upon a topic that is relevant or interests them, and also helps with your blog’s Search Engine Optimisation. The more archived content Google has to go by, the more your blog will pop up!
Using Social Media regularly will also show viewers that you are competent in your field and successful.
4. Read related articles and comment
Reading others blogs will only do you good! Not only could it give you some valuable advice and ideas, if you comment and create discussion it will give off an aura of expertise and insight whilst also putting your name out there!
Do not be afraid to link to other people’s articles. It will show you are actively networking and also will attract bloggers to track you down to see whose been linking to them. If they are feeling gracious they may even link back – gaining you more traffic that is interested in your topic, and a better reputation.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for the latest hints and tips, case studies and news. Or if you’re in need of design help and wisdom please contact us here. Don’t forget that we are on Facebook and Twitter too!